Building .ui files in tar.gz dist

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Fri Mar 15 16:48:20 GMT 2002

On Thursday 14 March 2002 13:38, W. Tasin wrote:
> Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
> >On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, W. Tasin wrote:
> >

> >In other words: When I run 'make dist' headers and implementations should
> >be generated by uic and moc and included into the distribution and
> >makefiles instead of (or in addition to) the .ui files?
>
> In addition, because the .ui file represents the dependency, if uic or
> moc has to be invoked (IMHO it will not unless the ui-file will be
> modified - and a distribution build wouldn't modify those files, would
> it?).
>
> >>I only know about some problems with kdevelop 2.0.2 which invoked
> >>configure with the fullqualified pathname, so ui dependence will not be
> >>recognized.
> >>Maybe this it is still the error, so try to make a tarball from the
> >>console to check if the problem is a kdevelop related prob or an
> >>autotool-problem.
> >>If it is an autotool-prob. so maybe it helps to update the admin dir.
> >
> >Sure, I'll do some further investigations.
>
> Ok... waiting...
>
> >Any file you like. To reproduce:
> >1. Add any file to your project.
> >2. Right click on it, then select 'Properties...'
> >3. Uncheck the "include in distribution" checkbox.
> >4. Make a distro - the file still gets included...
>
> I see...
> that's a problem of am_edit, because it seems that almost every file
> (.txt, .cpp, .h, ...) inside the directory will be added to the
> KDE_DIST-variable, if it isn't already in EXTRA_DIST.
>
> KDE_DIST= and its entries are handled/created by am_edit.
>
> KDevelop handles only EXTRA_DIST, _SOURCES and _HEADERS
>
> That's food for coolo, maybe he can tell you if it is a bug or if there
> is a reason to do so.

Well, this feature is there for every other non-kdevelop generated application
(e.g. kapptemplate's). I'm not sure why the option is there anyway - I'd
rather include all files. If kdevelop provides that feature, it should make
sure it's implemented properly - e.g. by implementing am_edit support for a
KDE_OPTIONS = noautodist line :)

Greetings, Stephan