Building .ui files in tar.gz dist

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Fri Mar 15 12:41:47 GMT 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, W. Tasin wrote:

> Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, W. Tasin wrote:
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >Well, I upgraded my admin dir with the files from KDevelop2.1Beta2 and
> >that helped a tiny bit. The .cpp files belonging to the .ui files are now
> >included in the dist, but not the headers. No .moc.cpp files are included
> >either. After a distclean, here's the output from one of the subdirs
> >containing Qt stuff (and some other subdirs) when running 'make dist':
> >

> Only to prevent misunderstandings:
> 1) "Distclean"
> 2) "autoconf/automake" ( i.e. make -f Makefile.dist ... here happens the
> am_edit call)
> 3) "configure"
> 4) "make dist"
>
> Please do this always if you are creating a dist-tarball.

This is what I allways did, so we have no misunderstandings about the
process :)

> >/usr/local/lib/qt/bin/uic -o SetRootDirectoryDlg.h
> >./SetRootDirectoryDlg.ui
> >
> <snip>
>
> >awk '    { files[$0] = 1; } \
> >END { for (i in files) print i; }'`; \
> >test -z "$unique$tags" \
> >

> >So, headers, .cpp and moc files get generated, allthough the moc output is
> >now postfixed .moc instead of .moc.cpp as they do when I do a regular make
> >in my project. Moc is however not run on the other headers I have which
> >need moc processing.
> >/usr/local/lib/qt/bin/moc Messenger.h -o Messenger.moc.cpp
> >
> Does Messenger.h have a Q_OBJECT call? IIRC am_edit scans the include
> file for this.
> [And if you have to insert this begin again with make -f Makefile.dist]

Yes, of course. Otherwise my project wouldn't build from the project dir,
which it has allways done. The rests solely in making a distribution, and
building from that.

> >should have been run in the segment I posted above, and the moc.cpp file
> >included.
> >
> >I'm not sure what other checks I could perform to get to the bottom of
> >this. Suggestions are welcome...
> >
> ><snip>
> >

> If this all didn't help I would need the Makefile to compare it with
> mine (or better the project).

Can't give you my project (proprietary code), but I've created a tiny
project which reflects just what problems I'm having. (It just did spring
to mind though, that this may have something to do with the fact that
I'm building a Qt SDI project?)

I'm sending you the tarball containing the project privately (350k mails
on mailinglists are seldom popular).

In the 'folder' subdirectory you'll find TestDlg.ui, Test.h/.cpp which
inherits the TestDlg, and Test2.h/.cpp which is a Q_OBJECT class with a
dummy slot.

If you load up this project in KDevelop (I made this in the KDE_2.2
version of KDevelop 2.1 RC2), and do the necessary auotconf/make,
configure stuff, then it builds just fine. If you make a dist, files go
missing (like Test2.moc.cpp and TestDlg.h).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
--
Tarjei