Building .ui files in tar.gz dist

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Thu Mar 14 12:38:30 GMT 2002

Tarjei Knapstad wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, W. Tasin wrote:
>

>In other words: When I run 'make dist' headers and implementations should
>be generated by uic and moc and included into the distribution and
>makefiles instead of (or in addition to) the .ui files?

In addition, because the .ui file represents the dependency, if uic or
moc has to be invoked (IMHO it will not unless the ui-file will be
modified - and a distribution build wouldn't modify those files, would
it?).

>>I only know about some problems with kdevelop 2.0.2 which invoked
>>configure with the fullqualified pathname, so ui dependence will not be
>>recognized.
>>Maybe this it is still the error, so try to make a tarball from the
>>console to check if the problem is a kdevelop related prob or an
>>autotool-problem.
>>If it is an autotool-prob. so maybe it helps to update the admin dir.
>>
>Sure, I'll do some further investigations.

Ok... waiting...

>Any file you like. To reproduce:
>1. Add any file to your project.
>2. Right click on it, then select 'Properties...'
>3. Uncheck the "include in distribution" checkbox.
>4. Make a distro - the file still gets included...

I see...
that's a problem of am_edit, because it seems that almost every file
(.txt, .cpp, .h, ...) inside the directory will be added to the
KDE_DIST-variable, if it isn't already in EXTRA_DIST.

KDE_DIST= and its entries are handled/created by am_edit.

KDevelop handles only EXTRA_DIST, _SOURCES and _HEADERS

That's food for coolo, maybe he can tell you if it is a bug or if there
is a reason to do so.

>Tallyho,

Ciao

Walter

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)