Building .ui files in tar.gz dist

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Wed Mar 13 18:21:28 GMT 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Michael Olbrich wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > For some reason .ui files don't seem to get handled when I run configure
> > >from a tar.gz dist that I made from Project->Make distribution->Source-tgz
> > and then try to build. (i.e. uic, moc etc. are not run and I get
> > compilation errors because of missing headers)
> >
> > Does anyone have any clue on this? (Something I might have forgotten?)
> > (I've ran distclean autoconf, etc. etc., but to no avail)
> >
> > A small bugreport while I'm at it: Files that are included in the project
> > allways get included in the distribution, allthough "include in
> > distribution" is not checked in the file's properties. (might have been
> > fixed in gideon, I haven't checked)
>
> I don't think they are not handled at all but too late. At least that's
> the problem I sometimes have. Try a "make missing_header.h" in the dir
> where it's missing. After this "make" should work.
> That's ofcourse no real fix. Doing all moc stuff before starting to
> compile anything would be best, but I don't know enough about
> automake/autoconf to do this.

This sometimes happens if you add an .ui file to your project, include the
header for it in a derived class and forget to update the Makefile.am/run
autconf/automake.

The problem is that the Makefiles generated after running configure from
my tar.gz dist does not contain any targets to run uic and moc on the .ui
files like the makefiles in my project do.

Thanks anyhow.

--
Tarjei