Building .ui files in tar.gz dist

Michael Olbrich michael.olbrich at gmx.net
Wed Mar 13 14:10:18 GMT 2002

Hi!

> For some reason .ui files don't seem to get handled when I run configure
> >from a tar.gz dist that I made from Project->Make distribution->Source-tgz
> and then try to build. (i.e. uic, moc etc. are not run and I get
> compilation errors because of missing headers)
>
> Does anyone have any clue on this? (Something I might have forgotten?)
> (I've ran distclean autoconf, etc. etc., but to no avail)
>
> A small bugreport while I'm at it: Files that are included in the project
> allways get included in the distribution, allthough "include in
> distribution" is not checked in the file's properties. (might have been
> fixed in gideon, I haven't checked)

I don't think they are not handled at all but too late. At least that's
the problem I sometimes have. Try a "make missing_header.h" in the dir
where it's missing. After this "make" should work.
That's ofcourse no real fix. Doing all moc stuff before starting to
compile anything would be best, but I don't know enough about
automake/autoconf to do this.

Michael