Kdevelop wishlist sumbission

Mike Farrell gcckain at comcast.net
Mon Jun 10 20:49:08 BST 2002

Hello my name is Mike Farrell and I really do like your IDE.  It as actually
become my favorite ide for Linux development.  However I got just one
request.  I usually let my individual .cpp files get rather large (over 1000
lines a piece when needed).  This makes it quite hard to find functions that
I need.  I usually end up hitting ctrl+f and typing "void render" or
something from the top of the document to find a function.

My request is that there be a "jump to function" type feature similiar to
rhide's.  Where I can hit some key sequence and see a dialog with a list of
functions in the current file.  Then I could just start typing the name of
one of those functions to select it or click it with the mouse and go there.
I'm sure this wouldn't be too hard to add to kdevelop 2.1 (version I use),
because I've noticed that the program has already built a database of the
functions in the entire project.

Well, I thank you for considering my request and wish you luck in your further
development of KDevelop.

~Mike Farrell