KDevelop, compiles .. make doesn't

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Wed Feb 13 16:52:17 GMT 2002

Hi,

please provide us with more information:
- which KDevelop version
- which automake, autoconf
- and the most important info:
   which error occurs.

Maybe we can shortcut this:
1) to package you should do the following:
make distclean; make -f Makefile.dist; configure [maybe with additional
options] ; make dist

2) there was a little bug (or better misfeature) inside am_edit which
didn't include the so called "MAINTAINER_CLEANFILES" (especially the
file "subdirs"). Look into your tarball, if you find this file included.
If you didn't you shall add this file to EXTRA_DIST= by adding "subdirs"
to your project (consider this as workaround!! The correct solution
would be to use more recent KDevelop, which can handle this problem
(unfortunately only the cvs-version, yet)).

3) If nothing of this helps, resend a mail with the information
mentioned above.

Ciao

Walter

BTW: KDevelop has an own list, where you can post those questions
kdevelop at kdevelop.org