Sven Heithecker heithecker at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Thu Aug 29 16:45:12 BST 2002

Hi,
I have got some trouble with the options here:

- If I select "Configure/dont_use_predefined_-O_switch", the optimizations set
in the "Compiler/Compiler" tab don't go into the makefiles. If I set it, also
the other optimizations appear ("... -O2 -O3 ..."), which is ok, but looks
funny.

- If I select "Compiler/Configure/turn_on_debugging information", I get some
strange options:
g++ -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wbad-function-cast -Wundef -Wall
-pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -fno-builtin -g
-g3 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fexceptions
Also, the flag "__i386__" is not set, which sometimes causes compile failures.
However, if I _don't_ select this, the debug informations set in
"Compiler/Compiler" make it into the makefiles.

My config:
Linux i386, KDevelop 2.1.3, automake 1.5, autoconf 2.52

Are these bugs, or just misunderstandings by myself ?

Regards, Sven

--
Dipl.-Ing. Sven Heithecker
Institute of Computer and Communication Network Engineering
heithecker at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
www.ida.ing.tu-bs.de/~svenh