Dinamic link?

Oliver Eichler oliver.eichler at dspsolutions.de
Wed Aug 28 16:25:40 BST 2002

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 17:39, you wrote:
Hi Andrew
> plugin  is  just a nice name for a dll or an executable which supports
> some pre-defined interface.

and protocol. At least that's what I would expect from a plugin.

> why not? you prefer running unknown component in its own address
> space. do you have problems communicating to another process?

In relation to execution speed and scheduling? Yes. And who says the process
is not discriminating the system?

As far as I am concerned every design has it's justification if it fits a
purpose best. There is no "there can be only one design". Thus it's really
hard to say: Using xxx is real bullshit.

> OE> So be a nice boy and let people do things the way they prefere.
>
> people prefer to do things the easy way, not the right way :-P  I am
> sure, that using LoadLibrary is a design lack. like a goto ;-)

Well I know quite a few very prominent gotos. 'grep -r "goto" /usr/src/linux'
And I wouldn't state these are a design lack.

As far as I understand Israel's problem dlopen() is ok and the choice to go.

I guess we can keep this discussion going forever. Let's better go for a beer!
Sun is shining!

oliver