Dinamic link?

Andrew Skiba andrew_skiba at mail.ru
Wed Aug 28 16:39:29 BST 2002

Hello Oliver,

OE> As long as I do not change the API of the older functions I can
OE> do what ever I want without having to recompile and breaking old binaries.

Neither you need when you link with a dll the way Israel mentioned in
the original posting. He does not need to load shared libraries
dynamically to achieve this.

OE> However  it  is  agreed  that  using some plugin technique is more
OE> apropiate these days.

plugin  is  just a nice name for a dll or an executable which supports
some pre-defined interface.

OE>  But it does not justify execution ;)

why not? you prefer running unknown component in its own address
space. do you have problems communicating to another process?

OE> So be a nice boy and let people do things the way they prefere.

people prefer to do things the easy way, not the right way :-P  I am
sure, that using LoadLibrary is a design lack. like a goto ;-)

--
Best regards,
 Andrew                            mailto:andrew_skiba at mail.ru