different make?

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Tue Aug 27 10:57:26 BST 2002

Hi,

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 05:34, you wrote:
> I'm writing an apache module, I'd like KDevelop to manage the source,
> but I'd like to call apxs to build the module (not the make utility).
>
> There's only one source file, and the command I'd like to run at make
> is:
>
> apxs -c -i source.c
>
> it in turn calls gcc etc, and installs it into apache when the compile
> is finished.
>
> I like KDevelop's features of managing the source, aut-type, colorizing,
> etc...  And the ability to go line-by-line through the compile errors.
>
> But I'm not skilled enough with KDevelop to integrate apxs as the build
> command for this one project.
>
> A URL or "Look at this" would be great.

replacing "make" in KDevelop 2.x is pretty difficult, you'd have to patch the
whole app. In KDevelop 3.x it should be possible to build a plugin which
handles that.

As a workaround, you can create an empty Makefile and import your project as
"Custom project". Just add one line in the Makefile:

all: apxs -c -i source.c

Best regards,
Harry