setting up include path for muli-lib project

Andrew Skiba andrew_skiba at mail.ru
Thu Aug 22 12:53:42 BST 2002

Hello Roland,
Thank you for the helpful information.

RK> Hi,

RK> --- Andrew Skiba <andrew_skiba at mail.ru> wrote:
>> headers include others from the same lib. I made a workaround - added
>>

>> INCLUDES = -I ../lib1
>>
>> to the end of Makefile.am in the lib2 subdir. This solved the include
>> file
>> problem, but the Makefile.am is not really a source file (it is
>> altered by
>> KDevelop and thus not stored in cvs by default).

RK> You can put a statement like this in your Makefile.am. This example is
well, not too different from what I did.

RK> from a program that I am working on (flexyp) and adds a dependency of
RK> the code to the QextMdi library. Replace that with the name and
RK> location of your own libraries and put you Makefile.am under source
RK> control.
So in this case the Makefile.am must be distributed as well? I thought
of it like an intermediate file for KDevelop, just like the Makefile
itself.

RK> flexyp_METASOURCES = AUTO
RK> METASOURCES = AUTO
what are those for?

>> Is there a better
>> place to
>> specify include dirs for a subproject?
I see the answer is "no".

>> Another issue is a shared libraries solution. If I want (and I do
RK> Welcome to libtool. Libtool does all that for you, for each shared
RK> library that is build it creates a file with the extension .la. This
RK> file contains your dependencies.
Do I have some KDevelop support for this, or it's done solely from the
shell?

>> In VC++ there was a Project|Dependencies dialog to
>> specify them,
>> is there a ready solution here? If not, what is a workaround?
RK> It is not needed. I use dsp files for my project in windows, and
RK> kdevprj for my Solaris port. With a setting like this you will have
Wow! You made it even better, than I thought! I meant to port enterely
to linux, but you develop the project in parallel for both platforms?!
Can  you  tell  more  details  on  how  you  do  this  -  do you use a
conditional    compilation,  or  you  have two versions for unportable
code  in separate modules? Do you use CVS as the only VS, or you still
use  the Source Safe for your VC part? It's OK for me to continue this
conversation  in  private if it's off-topic in this list (which is not
the case, IMHO).

Thank you again
Andrew Skiba