setting up include path for muli-lib project

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 18:36:27 BST 2002

Andrew,

--- Andrew Skiba <andrew_skiba at mail.ru> wrote:
> Hello Roland,
> well, not too different from what I did.

Yes.

> So in this case the Makefile.am must be distributed as well? I
> thought
> of it like an intermediate file for KDevelop, just like the Makefile
> itself.

No, they dont have to be distributed, the Makefile.in are created from
Makefile.am by autoconf, these are then taken by configure and made
into Makefile, which are in turn used to build your app. Many people
distribute them anyway as part of the package and they should be in cvs
so people can build you app without having to have kdevelop.

> RK> flexyp_METASOURCES = AUTO
> RK> METASOURCES = AUTO
> what are those for?

So that .ui files are automagically compiled (via uic) into .h and .cpp
files which are then added to you library. Very important for dialogs
and Q_OBJECT stuff. I dont know whether both commands are necessary but
I threw both in for good measure.

> RK> Welcome to libtool. Libtool does all that for you, for each

> Do I have some KDevelop support for this, or it's done solely from
> the
> shell?

No and you dont really need to, libtool works in the background.

> RK> It is not needed. I use dsp files for my project in windows, and
> RK> kdevprj for my Solaris port. With a setting like this you will
> have
> Wow! You made it even better, than I thought! I meant to port
> enterely
> to linux, but you develop the project in parallel for both
> platforms?!

Yes, thats not entirely too hard.

> Can  you  tell  more  details  on  how  you  do  this  -  do you use
> conditional    compilation,  or  you  have two versions for
> unportable
> code  in separate modules?

There is until now, no unportable code. There used to be but it was
thrown own, replaced by portable code. IF there is a reason for
unportable code, I will use seperate modules for it.

> Do you use CVS as the only VS

Yes, of course.

>, or you
> still
> use  the Source Safe for your VC part?

Never did and never will do. If you have ever seen a corrupted Source
Safe database and the damage it can do to a company you will know what
I mean. It is safe to say that Source Safe is not an industrial
strength solution and on top of it it's use is completely unnecessary.

> It's OK for me to continue
> this
> conversation  in  private if it's off-topic in this list (which is
> not
> the case, IMHO).
No it's fine, I believe others may have some good insight here, there
are many smart people on this list.

Regards,
Roland