setting up include path for muli-lib project

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 17:04:53 BST 2002

Hi,

--- Andrew Skiba <andrew_skiba at mail.ru> wrote:
> headers include others from the same lib. I made a workaround - added
>

> INCLUDES = -I ../lib1
>
> to the end of Makefile.am in the lib2 subdir. This solved the include
> file
> problem, but the Makefile.am is not really a source file (it is
> altered by
> KDevelop and thus not stored in cvs by default).

You can put a statement like this in your Makefile.am. This example is
from a program that I am working on (flexyp) and adds a dependency of
the code to the QextMdi library. Replace that with the name and
location of your own libraries and put you Makefile.am under source
control.

####### kdevelop will overwrite this part!!! (end)############

# set the include path for X, qt and KDE
INCLUDES= $(all_includes) -I$(QEXTMDIDIR)/include

flexyp_METASOURCES = AUTO
METASOURCES = AUTO

# the library search path.
flexyp_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) -L$(QEXTMDIDIR)/lib

> Is there a better
> place to
> specify include dirs for a subproject?
>
> Another issue is a shared libraries solution. If I want (and I do
> want) to
> build those libs as shared ones, how does the linker know what are
> the
> dependencies?

Welcome to libtool. Libtool does all that for you, for each shared
library that is build it creates a file with the extension .la. This
file contains your dependencies.

> In VC++ there was a Project|Dependencies dialog to
> specify them,
> is there a ready solution here? If not, what is a workaround?

It is not needed. I use dsp files for my project in windows, and
kdevprj for my Solaris port. With a setting like this you will have
make sure files get added and removed from both projects at the same
time. That can be a pita for large projects but your only alternative
is troll projects which only work for straight qt applications.

Hope this helps,
Roland