windows version, form builders

Sylvain Gelly sylvain.gelly at polytechnique.fr
Thu Apr 25 23:31:15 BST 2002

> > Argh. I was hoping to avoid Visual Studio, and definitely hoping to
> > avoid
> > VC++...

> If you want this to be a serious, i.e. commericial) application, then
> there is no way around native compilers, you may try Borland but gcc
> with cygwin is insufficient.

	Hello, I am not a professional, but I have a project which is totally
developed on Kdevelop on linux, and which is maintained on windows. I can
give you my experience : avoid VC++ !! The compiler doesn't understand a lot
of things (for example in the templates). But it is quite simple to use
Borland tools. We develop on linux with kdevelop, and we have very simple
scripts  which create firstable a .pro (with qmake) and after a Makefile for
borland (qmake again), and finally compile the project on windows (with
borland's make). All works very fine, no #ifdefs at all, no manual actions to
do.
	I things it is a good solution, because it minimise the work to maintain the
two versions. If you find a better solution, please tell me ;-).

Sylvain