windows version, form builders

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 22:15:45 BST 2002

--- esp5 at rama.comp.pge.com wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 12:55:39PM -0700, Roland Krause wrote:
>
> Argh. I was hoping to avoid Visual Studio, and definitely hoping to
> avoid
> VC++...

If you want this to be a serious, i.e. commericial) application, then
there is no way around native compilers, you may try Borland but gcc
with cygwin is insufficient.

> With the two C++ compilers, doesn't it become a *major* pain to
> support the
> differences between the two (tons of #ifdefs, etc)?  Especially if
> there are
> developers on each platform?

No, if you stick with Qt there is no (better very, very, rarely) need
for #ifdefs. If your developers are good they will manage this task
just fine. Problems start when you have less than average coders that
dont understand C++ and/or Qt and or software development. You need to
know how to manage and put together your team though.

Roland