QExtMDI app missing files

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 07:42:40 BST 2002

Hi Roland

Roland Krause wrote:

>I try to create a Qt application using the QExtMDI template. I created
>the project and then added the QExtMDI stuff to it from kdevelop's
>sources, so that it can be build as a static library and linked to the
>program.
>
>Now when I run make I get:
>
>g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/qt-3/include
>-I/usr/openwin/include -I/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT
>-DNO_KDE2 -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wbad-function-cast -Wundef
>-Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings
>-ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion
>-fno-builtin -g -O2 -O0 -g3 -Wall -I./qextmdi/include -fno-exceptions
>-fno-check-new -c main.cpp
>In file included from flexyp.h:34,
>from main.cpp:21:
>qextmdi/include/qextmdimainfrm.h:40: dummykpartsdockmainwindow.h: No
>such file or directory
>In file included from qextmdi/include/qextmdimainfrm.h:53,
>from flexyp.h:34,
>from main.cpp:21:
>qextmdi/include/qextmditaskbar.h:31: dummyktoolbar.h: No such file or
>directory
>make: *** [main.o] Error 1
>*** failed ***
>

>Does this mean that I can no longer use QExtMDI with a pure Qt program?
>I do not want this app to depend on KDE.

dummykpartsdockmainwindow.h, dummyktoolbar.h are needed if you want the
Qt-only version of QextMDI (as well as a copy of the kdock* files). They
are part of the original QextMDI source package (download at
http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi.htm ) and replace the
appropriate K classes in the basis of the class hierarchy with a
redirection to QMainWindow and QToolBar. I didn't add these files to
kdevelop/widgets/qextmdi because they aint needed for a KDE program.

Hope that helps,
Ciao
F at lk