Userdefined directories in K-develop

Christer Sandberg christer.sandberg at mdh.se
Tue Apr 16 17:49:52 BST 2002

tisdagen den 16 april 2002 16:29 wrote Dirk Broer:
> I'm not exactly sure of your exact predicament.
>
> I'm working on a project where they have:
> ./html
> ./src
>
> with the make file only in the ./src directory.
>
> I pointed Kdevelop at ./ and selected "generate project files" and kdevelop
> when through the tree and found all the files and recognized that it was
> under CVS control.
Well, I have tried that one too. Kdevelop then creates a project containing
all the sources, but no makefiles, if I select "Configure" (without arguments
since I have no clue what arguments to feed it with) or "Autoconf ..." from
the Build menu I get "/bin/sh: ./configure: No such file or directory" and
"gmake: Makefile.cvs: No such file or directory
gmake: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.cvs'.  Stop." respectivley.
As for you kdevelop has detected the existence of CVS and check that in the
project options.
Since it fails to generate makefiles it is definitely not able to build
sources.
BTW when starting to generate the project it warned for missing makefile.am.
I don't know how to write .am files, but kdevelop is quite keen on creating
them if I instead start with Project/New instead of Project/Generate. But
Project/New insted gives me the problems I mentioned in the previous mail,
i.e. it gives me a directory tree that I can't use because it doesn't map
that of the existing CVS...
Thanks anyway Dirk.

A bit strange because my case seems to be quite normal, and K-develop seems
to be quite well done capable of lots of things, why not a "quite normal
project"?

Any other suggestions?

Christer