tty allocation of ssh

Cihan Esen esencihan at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 11:23:39 BST 2001

Hi, i still couldn't solve the error
"You have no controlling tty. Cannot read passphrase"

After some suggestions, i ran "eval ssh-agent", set the required variables, then ran
"ssh-add" with a result as "Identity added.." and so on.

Problem didn't dissappeared. I ran "ps x", and i saw that in the tty column of ssh-agent
process there is a "?". Shouldn't it be a tty?

By the way, my /dev/tty attributes are all set to 0666 and ssh_config and sshd_config
files in client and server are configured properly.

Any suggestions?

=====
Cihan