Cannot make distribution

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Sep 8 00:27:54 BST 2001

On Freitag, 7. September 2001 01:36, you wrote:

Hi Steve,

could you try to
- remove the subdirectory that has been build by the non-successful attempts
- call a make dist in the base directory of the project

That should work in all cases. If it really doesn't, please tell us which
version you're using and if it is a KDE app that is using an /admin
subdirectory. We surely can fix those errors just with replacing that /admin
directory in most cases.

A make distclean in the project directory and creating a tarball (e.g.easily
with mc) does the trick as well, though not automatically, but lets you
distribute your project.

Ralf
> Greetings all,
>
>     Well as things usually tend to behave according to Murphy's law, I'm
> on a short deadline and am having a severe problem. When I attempt to
> make a distribution tar.gz target, I get the following:
>
> m -rf hylafax_applet-0.8
> mkdir hylafax_applet-0.8
> chmod 777 hylafax_applet-0.8
> here=`cd . && pwd`; \
> top_distdir=`cd hylafax_applet-0.8 && pwd`; \
> distdir=`cd hylafax_applet-0.8 && pwd`; \
> cd . \
>   && automake --include-deps --build-dir=$here --srcdir-name=.
> --output-dir=$top_distdir --foreign ./Makefile
> automake: /home/suson/KDevelop/hylafax_applet/hylafax_applet-0.8.in:
> cannot write: No such file or directory
> gmake: *** [distdir] Error 1
> *** failed ***
>
>     While this was an panel applet, I also attempted on a standard KDE
> project, and the results were the same.
>
>     I'm near panic in the need to solve this one! Does anyone have a
> solution or ideas towards same? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
>
> TIA,
> Steven Suson
> "Keep the faith."
>

> -
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org