Bug in KDevelop 2.2.2 with Designer files (ui)

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Sat Nov 24 18:21:30 GMT 2001

Hi Bernd,

> I removed ",kmathhelp/DesignStartScreenWidget.ui" and KDevelop could load
> the project file again. So it seams KDevelop have problems with a larger
> number of ui files. This is a really annoying bug. I hope someon can fix
> it.

is it possible, that Birgit already posted a message about the same problem?
Last time sent the following answer. Maybe you basically have the same
problem?

Greetings,
eva

Subject: Re: Bug in KDevelop project files - Reproduced
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 13:42:21 +0200
From: Eva Brucherseifer <eva at rt.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de>
To: kdevelop at kdevelop.org

Hi Tarjei,

On Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2001 14:56, you wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Birgit Schulz wrote:
> > I have some troubles with kdevelop project files. When I load the project
> > file kmathhelp1.kdevprj (generated by kdevelop), kdevelop crashes and
> > prints the following error message on the console:
> >
> > input buffer overflow, can't enlarge buffer because scanner uses REJECT
>
> It would be a lot easier if someone was able to reproduce this bug by
> creating a small testproject and then just add .ui files in different
> subdirs until the crash occured. I made a few attempts, but I still
> couldn't reproduce it...

I had the same problem (without knowing it first). The problem was a designer
file containing a QPixmap. In the designer file the xpm is stored in a _very_
large line - this maybe causes a buffer overflow ,combined with an already
large qt file.
Removing the pixmap solved the problem as well as initializing the QPixmap
with text. In a small designer-file I couldn't reproduce the bug.

If you want, I can send you the designer file.

Greetings,
eva

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org
 with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«