Problem with KDevelop 2.0 and creating an own project

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Thu Nov 15 12:58:12 GMT 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Alexander Bierbrauer wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> 3. step....
>
> yep...I've copied the makefile in the project dir (not in the dir where the
> source files are!)
>
> the makefiles looks like this:
>
> rbomber: cPlayer.o cSystem.o main.o cSprite.o cStage.o cSpriteAnim.o
> cEnemyMan.o cEnemy.o cDisplay.o cWeaponMan.o cWeapon.o cUtil.o
> 		g++ cPlayer.o cSystem.o cSprite.o main.o cStage.o cSpriteAnim.o cEnemyMan.o
> cEnemy.o cDisplay.o cWeaponMan.o cWeapon.o cUtil.o -o ./binary/g2ex -lpthread
> -L/usr/lib -lSDL
>

> cStage.o: ./gunocide2ex/cStage.h ./gunocide2ex/cStage.cpp
> 		g++ -c ./gunocide2ex/cStage.cpp
>
> cPlayer.o: ./gunocide2ex/cPlayer.h ./gunocide2ex/cPlayer.cpp
> 		g++ -c cPlayer.cpp
>
> cSystem.o: ./gunocide2ex/cSystem.h ./gunocide2ex/cSystem.cpp
> 		g++ -c cSystem.cpp
>
> cSprite.o: ./gunocide2ex/cSprite.h ./gunocide2ex/cSprite.cpp
> 		g++ -c ./gunocide2ex/cSprite.cpp
>
> cSpriteAnim.o: ./gunocide2ex/cSpriteAnim.h ./gunocide2ex/cSpriteAnim.cpp
> 		g++ -c ./gunocide2ex/cSpriteAnim.cpp
>
> so...when I want to compile the project I'm getting the following error:
> gmake: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
>
> So....what I'm a doing wrong ???
>
> sorry if I'm making a stupid mistake but I'm new to programming on linux

Your Makefile does not have a target called 'all'. When KDevelop builds it
just runs 'make' in the toplevel sourcedir. When 'make' is called without
arguments it assumes that what you want to build is the 'all' target.
If you wanna keep using your own Makefile, just add a a line
all: rbomber
to it.

The best thing however would be to let KDevelop use autoconf/automake and
you'll never have to worry about makefiles ever again.

--
Tarjei Knapstad, MSc
Head of Software Development

ChemCon AS
Professor Brochs vei 6 		   Phone: +47 73 54 03 73
7030 Trondheim                     Fax:   +47 73 94 38 61
Norway				   Email: tarjei at chemcon.no