How to edit KDE code?

M. Michno 127si at kirk.science.unitn.it
Sat Nov 10 09:49:42 GMT 2001

Hi all.
I downloaded via CVS the 'kdenetwork' module and now I'd like to take a
look at it, obviously using the best IDE I've ever tried -- KDevelop ;-)
I have however some problems with it (currently I have KDE2.2).
I runned ./configure --enable-debug from the kdenetwork directory and created
makefiles. Then I generated the project file for the directory
kdenetwork/knode. Compiling and running works fine, but I cannot debug!

"gdb message: /home/maciej/src/kde2/kdenetwork/knode/./knode not in
executable format: file format not recognized".
In project/options/binary the binary name is set to ./knode. If I make the
path absolute, it's the same, just there is no /. before the knode in the
error message. Does this happen because there is no ./configure script in the
drectory (there is such an error message). If so, how can I create one?

What did I wrong? How do you import correctly the single kde applications
into KDevelop?

Another question is: _why_ kdevelop doesn't use the documentation path I give
to it? In the configuration window I typed the correct path
(/usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/doc/html) but everytime I try to access the documentation
the program replies that there is no /usr/lib/qt-2.3.1/doc/html/blablabla.htm
Obviously there is no suc a file, becausa I have qt-2.3.0 and not qt-2.3.1.
Now I use a workaround i.e. I created that directory and linked it with the
correct one, but that's very annoying... Maybe that was already fixed, if so
tell me, so I'll consider upgrade (but it takes veeery long with a 56K
modem...)