kdevelop speed drop

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 14:30:36 BST 2001

Falk,

--- "F at lk Brettschneider" <gigafalk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hmm...but you wrote that this was a special problem with network file
> access and KDE in your local company. Noone reported such delays than
> you.

Yes, that is what I suspect, I dont really know anyone who runs KDE on
Solaris, and I havent had the time to investigate this further. Once I
build 2.2 I will pay a bit more attention to performance.

> Note also that compiling in debug mode
> slows things much down. Try it with all things (XWindow, Qt, KDE,
> KDevelop) compiled as release version and I suppose it will run
> normally.

--enable-final never worked for me on any platform.

> Furthermore, what GUI style do you use? Marble?

Dunno, the default, I guess...
Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and