kdevelop speed drop

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 07:00:05 BST 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> --- "F at lk Brettschneider" <gigafalk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > A new CPU could help ;-}
That was just a meaningless joke, actually.

> Anyway, I cant see that KDevelop is slow on my Linux box either, yet I
> have noticed some significant problems on Solaris. I've posted some
> values a few weeks ago, havent actually had a chance to work on Linux
> for the last two weeks or so.
Hmm...but you wrote that this was a special problem with network file
access and KDE in your local company. Noone reported such delays than
you.

> Falk, we do need to address this. There are things going on in this
> code, I fear nobody knows about them anymore....
The popupmenu drop delay was in KDevelop-1.4, already. It has nothing to
do with the changes for 2.0. Note also that compiling in debug mode
slows things much down. Try it with all things (XWindow, Qt, KDE,
KDevelop) compiled as release version and I suppose it will run
normally.
Furthermore, what GUI style do you use? Marble?

Ciao,
F at lk