Using VIM as the text editor in KDevelop

Klaus Muth muth at hagos.de
Thu Mar 22 08:58:03 GMT 2001

Christian Couder wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 07:12:49PM -0800, Roland Krause wrote:
> > No, No, No,...
> >
> > you are obviously not understanding the fundamental principle of KDE.
> >
> > KDE is an integrated desktop environment. That means that applications
> > not only just understand each other somehow but that they are actually
> > integrated components for each other.
> >
> > That is a fundamental difference. Look at the kparts stuff, it makes it
> > very clear how things should work together.
>
> I agree. There is already a kvim app in kdenonbeta. The "big dream" is to
> make a KTextEditor library interface and make some kvim, kwrite and
> kemacs parts that can be used through this interface.

Yup! There will never be a programmer's editor, that will satisfy all
programmers requirements. So don't try to implement one. The solution
will be to integrate other editors (kvim, kemacs whatever) as good as
possible.

klaus
--
Klaus Muth
HAGOS eG                      Industriestr. 62      fon: (+49) 711 78805-86