Using VIM as the text editor in KDevelop

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 16:45:36 GMT 2001

--- Christian Couder <Christian.Couder at fr.alcove.com> wrote:
> I agree. There is already a kvim app in kdenonbeta. The "big dream"
> is to
> make a KTextEditor library interface and make some kvim, kwrite and
> kemacs parts that can be used through this interface.

I thought so, we should maybe figure out and formulate an interface to
a KDevelop texteditor component. I am currently reading up on kparts
and DCOP and it looks like it should be fairly simple once we decided
what is needed.

> There is also a kwrite-devel mailing list where people are working on
> this stuff. They improved the kwrite code and made a component called
> "kant" the new kwrite will use kant through a probably improved
> texteditor interface.

I was under the impression that kant is the kwrite successor. Is that
true? Then why are they implementing project management and stuff like
that? Also one of kant's major selling points is that it is an MDI
editor. How would that integrate with kdevelops own MDI interface, aka
the DocViewManager?

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and