Reinstantiation of the KDK

Frank Nichols frank at theNichols.net
Tue Mar 13 00:40:22 GMT 2001

While it may be more flexible to let each user install the components they
want to have, I personnally would be very interested in a "whole package"
approach that ensured I have a complete/working IDE when installed - even if
it means I have components I may never use. HD is cheap today, I would rather
waste a few 100MB instead of wasting time trying to figure out what I need
and don't need.

I know this is a lazy approach, but I am interested in using the IDE not in
understanding the details of various dependencies.

I use this approach in almost everything - when I install SuSE I choose the
"Everything" option. Then I can ignore or remove things later when I see I
don't need them. This approach is not for everyone I am sure, just for us
lazy types with more HD space than we really need.

I am willing to help if I can.

/fn