Reinstantiation of the KDK

Steven Suson suson at TuckerEnergy.com
Tue Mar 13 00:00:06 GMT 2001

Greetings all,

    Having done a bit of driving this last weekend, and while doing so,
some software design, etc., I was thinking about the many emails on this
list having to do with installation issues, compatibility issues with
various packages used by kdevelop, and things along these same lines. It
seemed to me that many of these were addressed previously with the KDK.

    So, I just wanted to throw this out to the list, to see what
everyone else thought. In terms of getting the great kdevelop IDE into
not only more hands, but also into more widely varied hands, would
reinstantiation of the KDK (say, a 1.3 and 1.4 version for KDE1 and
KDE2, respectively) give us more bang for our buck? I'm very interested
in what everyone thinks.

Thanks for your time,
Steven Suson

P.S. I'd be more to happy to help with the packaging, and could help
provide RPM's for Red Hat 6.2.