Reinstantiation of the KDK

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at dingo.ping.net.au
Tue Mar 13 01:02:18 GMT 2001

Steven Suson wrote
> Greetings all,
>
>     Having done a bit of driving this last weekend, and while doing so,
> some software design, etc., I was thinking about the many emails on this
> list having to do with installation issues, compatibility issues with
> various packages used by kdevelop, and things along these same lines. It
> seemed to me that many of these were addressed previously with the KDK.
>
>     So, I just wanted to throw this out to the list, to see what
> everyone else thought. In terms of getting the great kdevelop IDE into
> not only more hands, but also into more widely varied hands, would
> reinstantiation of the KDK (say, a 1.3 and 1.4 version for KDE1 and
> KDE2, respectively) give us more bang for our buck? I'm very interested
> in what everyone thinks.

The KDK package was a great way of getting a complete IDE without
worrying about the details of its installation, especially for
newbies. I'm in support for a call to re-instantiate the KDK package
and willing to help.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf at ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes