a cleanup patch for make build and friends

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 15:41:26 GMT 2001

John,
thanks for looking it over so quickly.

Yes, I plan to go a bit further with this. I just wanted to take a
smaller incremental approach since this is my first contribution.

--- John Birch <jbb at kdevelop.org> wrote:
> Things like what directory we will run the make from should be
> located in
> CProject. And it looks like it's the same with the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS.

I'll have a look at that, actually I was expecting CProject to be the
location where makefiles, and compiler flags would be stored. As I said
in the comments in the source, it is a pain to find out which makefile
to use at the time of the call and it is unnecessary since the makefile
should be in CProject. I'll look at that.

> and I didn't know the slotBuildCleanRebuildAll does a
> UpdateMakefileAm. That
> looks strange (and wrong) to me. Wonder why?

Hmm, afaik, slotBuildCleanRebuildAll shall do
- make distclean
- automake, autoconf etc. (i.e. make cvs)
- run configure
- make all

so the name of the slot is a bit misleading. I dont know what
UpdateMakefileAm does but it seems logical to me that the MakefileAm's
get updated before the complete rebuild.

> I'm assuming you're going to keep going on this?

Yup.
Roland

=====
Roland Krause