Strange repositioning in kdevelop 1.4

Martin Fahrendorf fahrendorf at helix-gmbh.net
Thu Mar 1 13:00:55 GMT 2001

Ralf Nolden schrieb:

> Scott Manson wrote:
> >
> > John and the KDeveloper list
> >
> > Brand new .kde directory w/ 2.1
> > Brand new kdevelop install (cvs < 48 hrs old) made clean
> > Maximized window (I have XFree86 4.02 1024x768 )
> > I reload a project (to be specific kdevelop version 2 kdevprj file)
> > click on run... runs fine
> > click on run/debug the screen jumps i.e the top left corner instead of being
> > 0,0 it is about 171,128 and the width/height is the same
> > Here is an exerpt of a clean kdeveloprc  (Maximized window)
>
> This obviously is another side-effect of the setAutoSaveSettings() in
> the CKDevelop constructor where that is called. That has been commented
> out and I tagged that fixed one for the release as everything else until
> sunday night. Although the packagers knew that and should have updated
> their sources and repackage kdevelop, it seems they just didn't get it.
> I can only advise to either take a snapshot on the kdevelop ftp server
> or get the KDevelop sourcecode via anonymous CVS. Another solution is to
> comment out this call if you have retrieved a sourcepackage of kdevelop
> 1.4 or can get one and recompile it on your system. I'm sorry that this
> is causing some trouble but it seems it was too late to really get
> everybody on the line.
>
> We will make sure that for the KDE 2.1.1 release these things are
> *definetly* OK.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Ralf

Hi all,

this is obviously not only a problem of setAutoSaveSettings() in the CKDevelop
constructor. In my souces is the function call commented out and the window jumps
over on the desktop to the lower right korner on clicking the debug-button.
The window size does not change, only the position.

geetings,

Martin