Noch einmal Projektsuchpfade "UNDEFINED REFERENCE"

Werner Modenbach modenbach at alc.de
Thu Jul 12 09:29:58 BST 2001

On Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2001 09:23 Marco Keuthen wrote \n/ Am Donnerstag, 12.
Juli 2001 09:23 schrieb Marco Keuthen:
> > short:
> > you have to copy the files into the projekt directory: try
> > kdevelop/project/
> > add existing files - which copies the files to the right place and
> > includes
> > them into the project; so they are compiled and linked into the result
>
> Yes, when I add them to my project it works.
> If this is the conclusion, then I have got a problem - and so many other
> programmers who code with classes that they want to use elsewhere. To copy
> them into the project's directory will cause redundancy.
>
> Ie. you code a class and a test proggy to check the methods of the class -
> you must copy the class into the (test)project's dir.
> There must be another way. Perhaps I should try to make libraries out of
> the class?

Hi Marco,

weare doing exactly the thing you are talking about.
We develop classes in a testprog environment and use them later in the "real"
projects.
The way we are going is to make subdirectories in the test environment which
tells kdevelop to produce libs for each subdir in each subdir.
In the real project we include the path to the subdir as include-path for the
compiler and include the lib into the linkers list.
Another approach would be to use the "install" option of your makefile to
copy the headers and libs to a common include and lib directory.
This works very fine for us.

- Werner -

                    ALC Computertechnik GmbH

        \_       \_          \_\_\_     Kaiserstr. 100
       \_\_      \_        \_           D-52134 Herzogenrath
      \_  \_     \_        \_           Germany
     \_\_\_\_    \_        \_           Fon +49 2407 95810
    \_      \_   \_        \_           Fax +49 2407 958139
   Werner Modenbach                     modenbach at alc.de