Newbie question !

David BOURIAUD david.bouriaud at ac-rouen.fr
Fri Jan 26 09:54:30 GMT 2001

Ralf Nolden wrote:

> David BOURIAUD wrote:
> >
> > Hi to all !
> > I've waked up and found time to develop once again with kdevelop. Yes,
> > I've done quite strange choices, since I'm running SuSE Linux 6.4 with
> > kdevelop 1.1 under GNOME. Yet, I don't care, since I'm the only one
> > using X. So I've made a new project so as to create an new application
> > for terminal. Kdevelop works fine, but I've been disturbed by this
> > simple fact : how can I create a ncurse app ??? There is no way to do so
> > when creating a new project, and I haven't found the way to add the
> > ncurse library to the makefiles. Where should I tell kdevelop that this
> > project uses this library ?
> > Thanks for your help anyway.
> > David.
>
> You need to include a configure check for ncurses includes and
> libraries. Maybe you have a look at the kdevelop.m4 file to see how that
> works. It seems for the next kdevelop version we have to consider a way
> to make that easier for the users once we fiddled out how to exactly do
> that automatically via a GUI.
> David, interested in helping here ?
Hi Ralf !
Well thanks a lot for this help, but, after a while I found a way to
have ncurses and
menu work by adding them to the linker options, field other libs
(-lncurses -lmenu).
Yet, I was surprised to see a few libs proposed as checkboxes. Why not
proposing a multiselect
box with all known libraries ?
Interested in helping ? Why, it depends on how much time it would
require !
Indeed, I've a job that takes me the whole day, and a life to live when
I'm bask home.
If it wouldn't require much time, and could help somepeople... Why not !
I'm not joking. It's been quite a long time I'm looking for a project to
help to.
However, consider that I don't have a complete access to the web, for at
work I'm behind a firewall and many proxies
(three), and can't use CVS. If there is another way to help, let me know
!
Have a nice day.
David.