Start of application out of Kdevelop 1.3

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Jan 15 08:20:25 GMT 2001

"Weingarten, Willi, MFI-A" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an old version of my user-application installed in the
> KDE2-directories ("/opt/kde2/bin/myapp") using "make install" from the main
> application makefile.
>
> When I now make changes in my application using kdevelop 1.3 and start the
> application with "F9", then always the old application is started. I then
> changed my path, so that it begins with "." but the effect is the same.
>
> Any suggestions, how to make further developments without always
> deinstalling the old application?
>
> Thanks
> Willi

Willi, are you sure you´re using 1.3 final and not 1.3 beta ? We
discovered that problem on the morning of the release and I fixed that,
so that shouldn´t be an issue anymore. But if you really think that that
is the problem, why not rename the installed app ? ;-)
BTW: you should think about using 1.4 from CVS, kind of problems are
currently fixed there and already offers easier use than 1.3.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org