linux map application

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com.ar
Thu Feb 22 15:02:24 GMT 2001

Hello.
I was looking for a project and I found there's no digital maps for linux, I
mean, city maps, where you can see streets, where the trafic go in that
streets, where busses, metros, trains and that kind of things go, etc, etc.
Here, in Argentina, there's a software like that for the main city, but for
Windows. My idea is to make an open source program to do that and that anyone
can meke it's own city database. I don't know if the databases should be
downloadeable or they should be on line or what.
I think this should be the work a lot of people, there should be people know
how to work with 2d maps, finding paths... people know about data storage...
I want to make it for KDE (maybe some integration in the future). I have some
knowledge about kde and I'm learning as fast as I can...
I don't know if this project can be made... I think it's posible, I created a
mailing list in yahooegroups.com to discuss the project, I don't even know
what name it will have.
The address to suscribe is linuxmap-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Thank you.
--