[2] FW:Re:[2] Additional compiler parameters

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Wed Feb 21 18:07:08 GMT 2001

On Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2001 14:55, you wrote:
> Ralph-Peter Noll <rpnoll at gmx.de> wrote on 2001. 02. 21. 13:58:37:
> >I am still experimenting myself. What youz enter in the compiler options
> >dialog box does not appear in the makefiles. Try
>
> Hmmm...
> OK, I got it.
> But why the configure don't gets these parameters from the project file ?
> It would be better, isn't it ? Why I should specify these flags twice (in
> the project and when compiling outside of KDevelop) ?

This is a "complex " topic. The first KDevelop versions store the C++ flags
into the makefile, so whatever you have set in the projectoptions it was
stored into the makefile. Under some circumstance this is very annoying. For
instance you develop with debug switches on and want to release the software
(which shouldn't be in debug mode). Or if you work in a team and use CVS. If
everybody hardcode the option in Makefiles, there will be always merging
conflicts.
I think for KDevelop2 this should be configurable.:-)  A temporary solution
would be to add the options outside the KDevelop generated area.

Ciao!
Sandy

--
inubit - Your e-Business Partner!  http://www.inubit.com