Newbie project !

David BOURIAUD david.bouriaud at ac-rouen.fr
Wed Feb 21 16:07:13 GMT 2001

Hi to all !
Since I couldn't find a good graphical interface to postgreSQL, I'd like
to launch a new one that would get to a good Kde application (at least,
I hope !) ;-). I think it will be called (case sensitive name) KpgSQL.
If you look around on Kde home page, you'll find a project with quite
the same name (KPGsql), but the author seems to be unreacheable, and his
code is still in alpha state (as far as I could see). There exists also
two other apps : Kpsql which seems to be abandonned (why, I don't know)
and pgaccess who is not quite what I expect from such an appli (for
example, it seems not to worry about primary keys on tables).

The project I'd like to make should do the following :
 - KDE look and feel
 - Access all the functionnality of postgreSQL
 - Graphical interface to build querries
 - Possibility to produce pdf docs (graphicaly builded), using pdflib
(ver 3.0.3 by now).

It might look ambitious, but I feel I want to do it. If anyone wants to
help, please wait for the developpement to be started.
I feel I can at least do the two first parts by myself, but if anyone is
interested, well I think we could get to an arrangement.
Best regards.
David.

P.S. I forgot to introduce myself :
My name is David BOURIAUD. I'm 26 years old and work as a french
programmer for the "Education Nationale" at Evreux (france).
I can write C / C++ code, but haven't yet written any KDE / KDE2/ QT
app, though I've already used Kdevelop for small terminal projects.