htdig not working

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com.ar
Sun Feb 11 06:06:48 GMT 2001

On Saturday 10 February 2001 05:43, you wrote:
> put htmerge, htsearch and htdig into your path ? ;-)
I did it, and I try to create the databases geting this on the output window
and htdig not working:
htdig: Unable to find configuration file '-'

htmerge: option requires an argument -- c
usage: htmerge [-v][-d][-w][-c configfile][-m merge_configfile]
This program is part of ht://Dig 3.1.5

	-v	Verbose mode.  This increases the verbosity of the
		program.  Using more than 2 is probably only useful
		for debugging purposes.  The default verbose mode
		gives a progress on what it is doing and where it is.

	-d	Do NOT merge the document database.

	-w	Do NOT merge the word database.

	-m merge_configfile
		Merge the databases specified into the databases specified
		by -c or the default.

	-c configfile
		Use the specified configuration file instead on the
		default.

	-a	Use alternate work files.
		Tells htmerge to append .work to database files causing
		a second copy of the database to be built.  This allows
		original files to be used by htsearch during the indexing
		run.

*** success ***
And when I try to search I get:

htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this site.
The error message is:Unable to read configuration file
'format=&matchesperpage=30&words=QWidget'

Did I do something wrong ? what should I do to solve this problem...
--
Pupeno: pupeno at pupeno.com.ar  www.pupeno.com.ar
PS: did I tell you? KDevelop developers, keep working! you are doing a great