htdig not working

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com.ar
Sun Feb 11 06:00:47 GMT 2001

On Saturday 10 February 2001 05:43, you wrote:
> Pupeno wrote:
> > I'm working with Mandrake 7.2, KDE2.1Beta2 so KDevelop 1.4
> > I have htdig installed:
> > # rpm -q htdig
> > htdig-3.1.5-6mdk
> >
> > but it doesn't find it, when I try to build the database to search the
> > documentation, KDevelop complains:
> > "KDevelop need either "glimpseindex" or "htdig" to work properly.
> > Pleas install one!"
> >
> > What should I do to make it work ?
>
> put htmerge, htsearch and htdig into your path ? ;-)
They're all in /usr/sbin, I don't have them in the path and in Mandrake 7.2 I
don't have access to them.
Doing this I noticed something, I think that KDevelop should have a bit more
things to configurate, the path a names of the program it uses should be
configurable and the $PATH should be also too (why don't you add a terminal
window somewhere there... ? like Konqueror ;)
--
Pupeno: pupeno at pupeno.com.ar  www.pupeno.com.ar