htdig not working

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Feb 11 10:46:04 GMT 2001

Pupeno wrote:

> On Saturday 10 February 2001 05:43, you wrote:
> > put htmerge, htsearch and htdig into your path ? ;-)
> I did it, and I try to create the databases geting this on the output window
> and htdig not working:
> htdig: Unable to find configuration file '-'
>
> htmerge: option requires an argument -- c
> usage: htmerge [-v][-d][-w][-c configfile][-m merge_configfile]
> This program is part of ht://Dig 3.1.5

>         -v      Verbose mode.  This increases the verbosity of the
>                 program.  Using more than 2 is probably only useful
>                 for debugging purposes.  The default verbose mode
>                 gives a progress on what it is doing and where it is.
>
>         -d      Do NOT merge the document database.
>
>         -w      Do NOT merge the word database.
>
>         -m merge_configfile
>                 Merge the databases specified into the databases specified
>                 by -c or the default.
>
>         -c configfile
>                 Use the specified configuration file instead on the
>                 default.
>
>         -a      Use alternate work files.
>                 Tells htmerge to append .work to database files causing
>                 a second copy of the database to be built.  This allows
>                 original files to be used by htsearch during the indexing
>                 run.
>
> *** success ***
> And when I try to search I get:
>
> htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this site.
> The error message is:Unable to read configuration file
> 'format=&matchesperpage=30&words=QWidget'
>
> Did I do something wrong ? what should I do to solve this problem...

There is a README.htdig in the root of your sources, please refer to
that how to make the configuration file. It already keeps a template
that does work, you just have to fill in the appropriate values for the
path and storage of the database and put it into
$KDEDIR/apps/kdevelop/tools/htdig.conf or something.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org