Delphi-ish KDevelop?

Michael Brown emboss at i4free.co.nz
Sun Feb 11 08:38:30 GMT 2001

Hi there,

First, sorry if you get this question a lot but KDevelop looks like the best
candidate for this sort of thing.

Having been using Delphi for the past 5 years, I've kinda got used to the
object inspector and the general ease of adding components visually. For
example, to do a quit button you'd drop a button onto the form, set the
"title" property in the object inspector to "Quit", double click the OnClick
event, and type in "Application.Terminate". No having to bother with showing
the widget or editing the code to make the widget appear in the right place.

The one application that has come close to this is Lazarus, but basically
it's still basically unusable. Anyhow, I was wondering how hard something
like this woudl be to add to the Dialog editor. I know that the visual
drag'n'drop part of an application is only a small part of the development
time, but it just makes development that little bit easier.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

PS: I would buy Kylix except it's so damn expensive!