Delphi-ish KDevelop?

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com.ar
Sun Feb 11 05:56:18 GMT 2001

On Sunday 11 February 2001 05:38, you wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> First, sorry if you get this question a lot but KDevelop looks like the
> best candidate for this sort of thing.
>
> Having been using Delphi for the past 5 years, I've kinda got used to the
> object inspector and the general ease of adding components visually. For
> example, to do a quit button you'd drop a button onto the form, set the
> "title" property in the object inspector to "Quit", double click the
> OnClick event, and type in "Application.Terminate". No having to bother
> with showing the widget or editing the code to make the widget appear in
> the right place.
>
> The one application that has come close to this is Lazarus, but basically
> it's still basically unusable. Anyhow, I was wondering how hard something
> like this woudl be to add to the Dialog editor. I know that the visual
> drag'n'drop part of an application is only a small part of the development
> time, but it just makes development that little bit easier.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Michael
>
> PS: I would buy Kylix except it's so damn expensive!
I think that this would be easy to make when we have the complete interface
declared somewhere and the complete code in somewhere else, lime the new menu
a toolbar framework... Something like this should be work to all the program,
so, when I want to add a button I add it there (name, visual properties, etc,
declared there) and somewhere else I declare and write the code for
function/signal/slots. But I think that a huge change cannot be done in 4hs
and I don't know what other developers think about this.
--
Pupeno: pupeno at pupeno.com.ar  www.pupeno.com.ar