gideon

Ken Brakey brakeykr at poncacity.net
Tue Aug 28 03:25:46 BST 2001

Maybe I can help. :-)

Julian Rockey wrote:

> > Your gideon version is correct, but you don't got the additonial menu
> > entries because Gideon couldn't found the plugins.  Please set the correct
> > KDEDIRS and restart "kbuildsycoca". This should work.
> >

> Sorry for my lack of understanding here, but could you be more explicit? I'll
> tell you where I get stuck. My KDEDIR points to /opt/kde, where KDE 2.2
> release is installed. For experiemental stuff like Gideon I don't want to

export KDEDIR=/opt/kde   // so programs can find lib and includes from
KDE

When you "./configure --prefix=/opt/gideon" // will put KDevelop there.
make -k       // allows the compiler to ('k'eep-on) compiling
[especially CVS]:)
make install  // the configure script set up the prefix to install into.

You should still have the Kdevelop-2.0 using qt-2.3.x.
When the qt-3 starts you will have to:
 configure -prefix=/opt/gideon -with-qt-dir=/wherever/qt3/is.
 to pick up the new qt.

I have a RH-6.2 with "/opt/kde" I didn't like under "/usr" :-))
As long as the program can find the correct libs & includes it
doesn't matter (on YOUR machine).
Ken