Crash when during build

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Aug 19 23:19:20 BST 2001

On Saturday, 18. August 2001 20:34, you wrote:
> Re the below:
>
> 1. In KDevelop 2.0, the same two lines need to be added to the
> CMakeOutputWidget constructor too (I did my initial testing in 1.4 I'm
> sorry - I applied it to 2.0 this morning and it works)
Ouch, ok I will fix this tomorrow morning in CVS.

> 2. This is not a very nice fix - I intended it as a workaround as I assumed
> there was something odd in my configuration causing the crash. Just
> remember if you are committing it then expect a few comments about "why
> does the text wrap around and fill up my message box".
Well, I would consider to have it that way with word wrap enabled - for the
simple reason that you don't have to scroll around and you have an easier
time examining the output. It fixes the crash as well, so I don't think
anyone will complain about that, in fact, *not* having word wrap is actually
a bug :)

Ralf

> The real issue is whether there is a bug in QMultiLineEdit. I posted this
> on the qt-interest group, no info yet.
>
> The other thing I'm not sure of is why QMultiLineEdit is being used at all
> for this purpose - why not QTextView?
>
> On Saturday 18 August 2001 10:37 am, you wrote:
> > On Saturday, 18. August 2001 07:26, you wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your fix, I just commited it. If anyone else has some fixes,
> > please hurry with those so that 2.0.1 will be amost bug-free. This is
> > your last chance before KDevelop 3 probably :)
> >
> > Ralf
> >
> >I recompiled KDevelop
> >
> > > adding the following lines into the COutputWidget class constructor:
> > >
> > > setWordWrap( WidgetWidth );
> > > setWrapPolicy( Anywhere );
> > >
> > > This causes the text to wrap in the message box. Result: no crash (and
> > > the crash had been consistent before. Even after a straight
> > > re-compile.)
>
> -
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org