(Minor Annoyance) Inefficient window repainting

Adam Brown adam at freestream.com.au
Sun Aug 19 05:14:13 BST 2001

Hi,

When reloading the last workspace, KDevelop appears to attempt to repaint
every window that is loaded and also appears to be redrawing the top level
frame window each time as well. This results in very slow and flickery
performance. This also happens when you have a number of windows open and
choose 'close all'.

I noticed this when I was forced to disable X accelerations due to a bug with
my video driver. I imagine that most people might not observe this.

To reproduce this behaviour I suggest you add the following line to the
'Drivers' section of /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (or your system equivalent):
Option "no_accel"

Open a dozen or so window and then choose close-all. You should then be able
to detect the behaviour.

regards,

Adam