Kdevelop vs. KDE Studio

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Aug 16 17:59:37 BST 2001

On Thursday, 16. August 2001 18:47, you wrote:
> At 16:59 8/16/2001 +0200, you wrote:
> >On Thursday, 16. August 2001 15:52, you wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am now coding for 1 Month under Linux with KDev (since yesterday
> > > under 2.0) and I am still not happy with that IDE.
> > >
> > > Today I installed KDE Studio (from The Kompany)
> > > Does anyone tested them both and can give me a hint what's the "better"
> > > IDE?
>
> Kdevelop is better, in my opinion. More little dodads. KDEStudio is
> basically KDevelop anyway, without cool stuff like QT Designer,
> documentation browser, and I dunno what else. Kdevelop is the best c++ IDE
> your gonna get on linux.
> I'm happily biased, I've been using kdevelop since .54.... er something
> like that.
> and it just gets better all the time. 'Cept for that nasty bug that resized
> the IDE when compiling. Glad THAT's over! I had stopped using it because of
> that bugger- show stopper for me.
> ljp

Well, that's what this list is for :) so you'd better come up with this
during a beta phase so this can be fixed what annoys you. Mind we're
developing kdevelop with kdevelop, but that doesn't imply you're always using
all features you've been working on 2 or 3 years ago :)

Errm...preferrably your contribution is appreciated much more with a fix, of
course :)) Anyway, feel free, as I said, to contribute in whichever way your
time and energy allows it.

Ralf

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org