Working fast with KDevelop?

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 11:02:36 BST 2001

"Felix E. Klee" wrote:

> I tryed out ALT-PgUp and ALT-PgDown in KDevelop but nothing happened;
What are we talking about? I talk about KDevelop-2.0.

> Ctrl-F is not the same as incremental search. Incremental search is a
> real cool feature in EMACS and MS Visual C++; it enables you to find a
> word by pressing the least number of keys possible
I know it from Emacs and to my mind it's no good because you always jump
to wrong words first before finding the right one. That is a crazy
annoying jumping in the file.

>and in addition it
> appears in the status bar so that no window obscures the screen.
The statusbar is for showing status information not for typing words in.

> It's by far not as powerful as in EMACS. When one presses tab in a line
> in EMACS with eg. C-Mode enabled it gets automatically indented
> correctly no matter where the cursor is (go try it out).
I know it. We just didn't find a volunteer who had the time to implement
it for KDevelop.

> It doesn't for me; ctrl-up or ctrl-down mark text. How do I change that
> behavior?
old KDevelop version?

Ciao,
F at lk