Working fast with KDevelop?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Fri Aug 3 11:45:39 BST 2001

"F at lk Brettschneider" wrote:
> > I tryed out ALT-PgUp and ALT-PgDown in KDevelop but nothing happened;
> What are we talking about? I talk about KDevelop-2.0.

Do you know whether KDevelop 2.0 is available as a *single* package for
SuSE 7.2? I didn't find anything on the KDevelop web site.

> > Ctrl-F is not the same as incremental search. Incremental search is a
> > real cool feature in EMACS and MS Visual C++; it enables you to find a
> > word by pressing the least number of keys possible
> I know it from Emacs and to my mind it's no good because you always jump
> to wrong words first before finding the right one. That is a crazy
> annoying jumping in the file.

In the end one always finds the right word and usually much faster and
with less keys pressed than when using the normal search function. Also,
if you don't like this jumping around one could implement an incremental
search where an extra window pops up that contains all words that fit
the current search term. However, I would disable it.

> >and in addition it
> > appears in the status bar so that no window obscures the screen.
> The statusbar is for showing status information not for typing words in.

Then it should be renamed; such an extended (staus) bar could probably
be used for far more than just incremental search.

Felix