Working fast with KDevelop?

Ken Schrock schrockk at win2linux.net
Fri Aug 3 00:21:54 BST 2001

This is something that needs to be addressed in a general way
I came from Windows a few years ago and now use Linux almost exclusively
And am costantly frustrated by a general lack of consistant key shortcuts in Linux.

Many apps don't support Ctrl+Home or Ctrl+End
Some apps don't even support PageUp and PageDown
Most don't support Shift+Del and Shift+Ins for cut and paste

Nor, as you say, do Linux GUI apps seem to support "traditional" *nix keys
They seem to be watered down to the union of Windows and *nix keys
Which in many apps leave you with almost nothing at all to use key wise...
(Except the mouse, perhaps they are renegade Mac programmers : )